For more ideas like this, try one of our easy vegetarian pie recipes. From spinach and cheese to vege-friendly versions of cottage pie, these recipes are sure to go down a treat!
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 3 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 cup cheese, grated – Nici used Gruyère
- 8-10 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 2/3 cup cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1Heat oven to 180°C and place a tray in to preheat. Line a tart tin with the pastry, pressing it firmly into the edges and up the sides.
- 2Evenly spread the mustard over the pastry and sprinkle on half of the cheese.
- 3Lay out the tomato slices, slightly overlapping, to cover the cheese.
- 4Whisk the cream, eggs, thyme and seasoning together until just combined. Slowly pour this into the tart. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
- 5Place it on a heated tray, reduce the oven to 160°C and cook for 45 minutes. It will puff up and sink again when removed from the oven.
- 6Cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.