1 What kind of avocados are in New Zealand?
2 What are the health benefits of eating avocado?
3 How do I choose a good avocado?
4 What are those black streaks in my avocado?
5 How do I properly store and look after avocados?
6 What's the best way to pit an avocado?
Step 2: Twist to separate the two pieces.
Step 3: Cut into quarters.
Step 4: Remove the stone
Step 5: Peel off the skin, then slice.
7 What are some different ways to eat avocado?
- Try adding avocado to homemade pesto to create a super creamy, not-so-naughty sauce to toss through pasta.
- Combine puréed apple and avocado to create sweet homemade baby food filled with all kinds of natural goodness.
- Cook it! Avocado is delicious served warm. Try it as a Mexican-inspired pizza sauce, or add for an extra boost of fibre, vitamins and good fats in your burger patties.
- Keen to cut down on the dishes? Try using your avo as a deliciously impressive bowl! These chilli prawn and avocado bowls are perfect for entertaining.
- With their creamy texture and subtle taste, avocados make a great addition to desserts. Give chocolate mousse a healthy twist with these refined sugar-free chocolate pots.
- Avocados simply scream summer, and so does chilled soup. This no-cook iced avocado soup is gluten-free, dairy-free and perfect for cooling down on hot days.