Yoghurt cake, orange recipe, brought to you by Woman's Day
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 oranges, finely grated zest
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup natural greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 300 g tub vanilla yoghurt
- honey, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease and line a 20 x 30cm slice pan with baking paper.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg-yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange zest.
- Sift flour, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda together. Fold into creamed mixture until well combined. Lightly mix in yoghurt and almonds.
- In a clean bowl, beat egg-whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold into mixture in 2 batches. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine icing sugar and remaining cinnamon. Dust over warm cake. Serve with yoghurt, drizzled with honey.