It’s both delicious and nutritious to serve a fresh salad at a BBQ alongside all that meat. Watermelon is a welcome addition and children love it.
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 5 cups seeded and cubed watermelon
- 1/2 bag baby lettuce, washed
- 1/2 cup salad dressing of your choice
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola or another soft blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 175ºC. Bake pecans for 5 to 6 minutes until toasted, then remove and cool.
- Place watermelon and lettuce on a large plate or bowl and drizzle well with salad dressing. Sprinkle evenly with pecans and cheese and serve.