Watermelon, mint and lime cooler punch with ginger ale
Spend your summer sipping on this watermelon punch recipe! Packed with lime, mint and spiked with bubbly ginger ale, this punch is amazing served with frozen melon balls instead of standard ice cubes
- 4 cups diced watermelon, plus extra, to serve
- 1 1/3 cups ginger ale
- 2 limes
- crushed ice
- 2 mint sprigs, plus extra, to serve
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- frozen melon balls, to serve (optional)
- Freeze the watermelon in a freezer bag for six hours or overnight.
- Purée the frozen watermelon in a food processor or blender. Add the ginger ale, lime juice to taste, ice and a couple of sprigs of mint.
- Place the caster sugar in a saucer. Rub the rims of the glasses with a cut lime then dip in the caster sugar to frost the rim.
- Place a few melon balls in each glass, if using, and fill glasses with the cooler. Decorate with slices of lime, watermelon and mint sprigs.