Vietnamese salad, peanut recipe, brought to you by Woman's Day
- 90 g packet vermicelli noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 5 cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 long red chillies, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 125 g bean sprouts, trimmed
- 100 g trimmed, blanched, halved snow peas
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped roast peanuts, to serve
- Cook vermicelli noodles according to packet instructions. Rinse under cold water and drain. Toss with sesame oil.
- In a jug, whisk fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar, grated ginger, garlic, chillies and light soy sauce.
- In a bowl, combine noodles, turkey, tomatoes, bean sprouts, snow peas, onions, mint and coriander.
- Toss with half dressing. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts. Serve with remaining dressing and lime.