Vanilla pecan butter fudge
Create this melt-in-your-mouth vanilla pecan butter fudge this festive season and your friends and family will love you! Package pieces in cute jars or cellophane bags for a thoughtful gift.
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 115 g Mainland Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Grease and line a 6cm-deep, 19cm square cake pan with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
- Toast the pecans in a moderate oven for 7-10 minutes or until fragrant and lightly toasted.
- In a large saucepan, bring the butter, cream, brown sugar, and salt to a rapid boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Once boiling, stop stirring. Let the mixture boil for 5 minutes till it reaches “softball” stage (115°C on a sugar thermometer if using), then remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool for 30 minutes (110°C). Stir in the pecans, vanilla and icing sugar, and stir until thick. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. Chill until firm and cut into pieces