Turmeric yoghurt chicken and cauliflower
Full of great flavours, this delicious turmeric yoghurt chicken is brilliant served with cauliflower and is an absolute must for your next warming family meal.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 800 g chicken thigh cutlets
- 600 g chicken drumsticks
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup Greek-style natural yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 fresh long green chillies
- 1 fresh long red chilli
- 500 g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup couscous (see recipe tip)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken in batches for 10 minutes until browned all over. Remove from pan.
- Add onion, garlic and spices to same pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until soft. Stir in yoghurt and stock.
- Return chicken to pan and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Chop one green chilli, leaving remaining green and red chillies whole. Add whole chillies and cauliflower to pan. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes until cauliflower is tender. Remove pan from heat. Remove chicken, cauliflower and ½ cup of liquid from pan. Keep warm. Add couscous to centre of pan. Cover with a lid. Stand for 5 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Fluff couscous with a fork. Season to taste. Return chicken and cauliflower to pan, then drizzle with reserved liquid.
- Combine red onion and white balsamic in a small bowl. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Top chicken mixture with drained onion, chopped chilli and coriander. Serve with extra yoghurt.