Tomato chilli jam
Serve this delicious tomato chilli jam with anything – Parmesan and crackers, alongside a frittata, with a mince pie, heck even a boiled egg! We guarantee you’ll be coming back for more
- 750 g cherry tomatoes
- 500 g sugar – white or brown
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3-5 fresh red chillies (depending on heat), seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 heaped tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, bring the tomatoes, sugar, lemon juice and zest gently to the boil. Reduce the heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer, stirring often to stop it sticking, for about 30-45 minutes or until reduced by half and thickened.
- Pour into hot, sterilised jars and cool. Screw on the lids when cool. Refrigerate once opened.