Thai spicy lamb and noodle stir-fry
Warm up the family this winter with this satisfying Thai spicy lamb and noodle stir-fry recipe that will be ready on the table in 30 minutes and is brilliant topped with basil.
- 200 g dried rice noodles
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 500 g lamb backstrap, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 fresh small red Thai chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh Thai basil leaves (see recipe tip)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- Cook noodles according to directions on packet. Drain.
- Heat half the oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry lamb in batches until browned. Remove from wok. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in wok. Stir-fry garlic and chilli until fragrant. Add sauces, sugar and three-quarters of lime leaves. Stir-fry until combined.
- Return lamb to wok with noodles and tomato. Stir-fry until tomato starts to soften and is heated through. Serve sprinkled with Thai basil, peanuts and remaining lime leaves.