Teriyaki chicken sushi
There may well be some time investment here, but your efforts will be worth it. This teriyaki chicken sushi recipe is delicious and the filling makes it an extra nutritious snack
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp oil
- 400 g chicken breast fillets, sliced thinly
- 3/4 - 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 6 sheets nori seaweed
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- Cook the sushi rice according to the directions on the packet. Drain and place in a bowl. Stir in the rice wine vinegar and sugar and set the rice aside to cool.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Add the chicken and stir-fry it over a high heat for 4-5 minutes, or until it is golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and continue to cook it over low heat until the sauce has coated the chicken and is a syrupy consistency. Set it aside to cool.
- Place one sheet of nori, shiny side down, on a bamboo sushi mat. Cover two thirds of the nori with rice and gently press it down.
- Place the chicken, red capsicum and cucumber in a strip along the rice. Use the bamboo mat to roll it tightly. Cut the roll into slices.