Tandoori chicken salad with cucumber yoghurt dressing
You can't go past this tandoori chicken salad recipe for a tasty meal the whole family will love. Grilled chicken tenderloins are paired with fresh salad, tangy yoghurt dressing and roti bread for a delicious weeknight dinner
Tandoori chicken salad
- 1/4 cup tandoori paste
- 200 g natural yoghurt
- 500 g chicken tenderloins
- 60 g mixed salad leaves
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- toasted roti to serve
- 200 g tub natural yoghurt
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves, plus extra to serve
- In a large bowl, combine tandoori paste and yoghurt. Add chicken, turning to coat in marinade. Chill, covered, for at least 1 hour.
- In a bowl, combine salad leaves, capsicum, tomato, carrot and onion. Set aside.
- For yoghurt dressing: In a small bowl, combine yoghurt, cucumber and coriander. Season to taste.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue on high. Char-grill chicken for 4-5 minutes each side until cooked. Set aside, loosely covered with foil to keep warm.
- Serve chicken with salad and accompanied with dressing and roti.