Tagliatelle alfredo with roasted sprouts
Get creative with the humble Brussels sprout! In this recipe, tender roasted sprouts are stirred through creamy tagliatelle alfredo to create a comforting meal that's perfect served on chilly nights
- 450 g Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 375 g dried tagliatelle
- 2 tbsp butter
- 300 ml cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra, to serve (optional)
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Toss prepared sprouts in oil and arrange on a baking tray. Roast for 12-15 minutes, turning once or twice, until lightly coloured and tender.
- Cook pasta according to the pack directions, reserving ¼ cup of the water.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add the cream and simmer gently until thickened. Remove from the heat and add the grated parmesan, sprinkling it in a bit at time and mixing well to prevent it clumping. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir half the sprouts into the sauce and mix. Add the cooked tagliatelle, with a splash of pasta water, if needed. Scatter in the remaining sprouts. Top with extra parmesan and parsley, if desired.