- 1 1/2 tbsp powdered gelatine
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cold water
- 2 2/3 cups (660ml) cranberry juice
- 8 (160g) sponge finger biscuits, halved lengthways
- 1 1/2 tbsp orange-flavoured liqueur
- 500 g strawberries, hulled, halved
- 4 ripe peaches, sliced
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 500 g mascarpone
- 1 tbsp orange-flavoured liqueur, extra
- Sprinkle gelatine over cold water in a small bowl; stand for 3 minutes. Microwave the gelatine mixture on medium (50%) for about 20 seconds or until dissolved. Combine warm gelatine mixture and juice in a large jug. Pour jelly into a large bowl. Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until almost set.
- Meanwhile, to make mascapone mixture, beat the egg yolks, half the sugar and all the vanilla bean paste in a small bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat mascarpone and extra liqueur in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until well combined. Gently fold in egg yolk mixture. Beat egg whites and remaining sugar in a clean small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the mascarpone mixture.
- Spoon half the jelly into the base of a large trifle bowl. Brush the cut-side of the sponge fingers with liqueur; top jelly with half the sponge fingers, breaking up to fit the dish. Top with half the combined strawberries and peaches followed by half the mascarpone mixture. Repeat the layers, ending with the mascarpone mixture; reserve remaining peaches and strawberries. Cover the trifle with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for several hours or until firm.
- To serve, top with the remaining combined strawberries and peaches.