Summer berry and white chocolate slice
Nici Wickes' berry and white chocolate slice recipe is perfect for all those surplus berries you couldn’t eat fresh and froze. Or you can always buy some mixed berries from the supermarket
- 200 g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour, plus extra 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups frozen berries of your choice
- 1/2 cup white chocolate buttons, chopped
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line a Swiss roll tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix in the 2 cups flour and baking powder. Press all but ½ cup of the mixture into tin.
- Scatter the berries and chocolate over the base. Add the remaining flour to the ½ cup of base mixture, mixing together. Strew over the berries and chocolate topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is golden. Leave to cool before slicing either into fingers or squares. Serve warm as a dessert with whipped cream, crème fraîche or ice cream, or keep airtight in the fridge and eat as a slice with coffee.