Strawberry tarts, strawberry recipe, brought to you by Woman's Day
- 1 punnet (250g) strawberries, washed, hulled, sliced
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- sugar, to sprinkle
- icing sugar, cream or ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place strawberries in a bowl. Sprinkle with icing sugar, zest and cinnamon; mix well.
- Cut pastry sheet into four rounds using an 11cm cutter. Arrange on tray.
- Pile strawberry mixture into centre. Pleat pastry around edges. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until puffed and golden. Dust with icing sugar; serve with cream or ice cream.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.