Nothing says summer like a bright red, plump, heart-shaped strawberry. There are so many ways to enjoy this deliciously juicy, super sweet fruit, like this scrumptious strawberry gallettes recipe
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 2 sheets ready-made puff or flaky pastry
- 1 egg separated
- 4 tsp fine semolina
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Place the prepared strawberries in a bowl with ¾ of the sugar and a dollop of the jam. Mix and set aside.
- Lay the pastry sheets on a bench and cut 4 x 15cm circles (try tracing around a noodle bowl). Place the pastry discs on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush the pastry discs with egg yolk and scatter 1 teaspoon of semolina over each. Pile ½ cup strawberries into the centre of each disc and fold the pastry up around the strawberries, pinching it into place to form a tart with an open middle. Brush the pastry edge with egg white, scatter on the sliced almonds and sprinkle on the remaining sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven 20-25 minutes or until golden and crispy. Warm the remaining jam and brush over the centres to make them glossy. Dust with icing sugar before serving.