Spicy roasted lamb salad with couscous
This spicy lamb salad is also excellent served in a wrap. When I’m cooking a roast I always include beetroot with the pumpkin and kumara, both for its purple antioxidants, which aren’t so plentiful among winter foods, and the lovely colour it lends to a dish. Carrots cut in batons will roast in a similar amount of time to chunks of kumara and pumpkin and are another colourful addition to the salad.undefinedPhotograph by Melanie Jenkins.
- 1 cup israeli couscous
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- leftover roast vegetables
- 1-2 handfuls chopped parsley
- handful chopped mint
- salad leaves or baby spinach (optional)
- juice of 1 lime
- shredded leftover lamb
- Place the couscous, stock powder, garlic and cumin in a pan with water as specified on the couscous packet and cook according to packet instructions.
- Fluff with a fork to separate the grains, then add roast vegetables, chopped parsley and mint and salad leaves, if using. Squeeze in the lime juice and toss well to combine. Top with shredded slow-cooked lamb.