Spiced beetroot and carrot salad
This spiced beetroot and carrot salad recipe creates a simple, delicious side dish that's the perfect addition to your next meal. Serve with a side of yoghurt and enjoy
- juice from 3 oranges
- 1 thumb ginger (4cm), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 2 beetroot (approx 225g), peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 large carrots (approx 200g), peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/4 telegraph cucumber, seeds removed, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup natural yoghurt, to serve
- Combine orange juice with ginger, cinnamon stick and star anise in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat. Leave to cool completely.
- Place beetroot in a non-reactive bowl and strain over liquid. Toss to combine. Cover and leave to marinate for 2 hours
- Just before serving, toss through the cucumber and carrots, garnish with mint leaves and serve with a separate bowl of yoghurt.