Smoky mince and beans with baked eggs
Forget saving dinnertime leftovers for another main meal – instead let them make quick work of brekkie and try Nadia Lim's incredibly delicious smoky mince and beans with baked eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp mexican-style spice
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup leftover cooked mince
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp torn coriander
- toasted sourdough bread (or gluten-free bread), to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and garlic over a medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes until soft and fragrant but not coloured. Add the paprika and spice mix and stir through. Add the tomatoes and mince and simmer for 4-5 minutes until you have a good sauce consistency.
- Stir in the beans, then make 4 shallow indents in the top of the mixture.
- Crack an egg into each, cover with a lid or tray and cook gently for 3-4 minutes or until the eggs are just set in the centre. Season each egg and scatter with torn coriander. Serve with toasted bread.