Simple paella, fish recipe, brought to you by Woman's Day
- 1 L chicken stock
- pinch saffron
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, cubed
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 chicken breast fillet, cubed
- 500 g green prawns, peeled, deveined
- 1 3/4 cups medium grain white rice
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 8 mussels, scrubbed
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Bring stock and saffron to the boil in a large saucepan on high. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan. Saute onion and garlic 1-2 minutes until onion is tender. Add capsicum, chorizo and chicken and cook, stirring, 5-6 minutes or until browned and the chicken is cooked. Transfer to a bowl. Cook prawns until just changed in colour. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan on high. Cook rice, paprika and turmeric for 1 minute, stirring. Add white wine and simmer 3-4 minutes, until almost evaporated.
- Add hot stock and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes without stirring. Add mussels. Cover and simmer 4-5 minutes, until the mussel shells open.
- Stir chorizo mixture, prawns, tomatoes, peas and parsley into rice and heat through. Serve with lemon wedges.