Simple chicken tortilla bake
This chicken tortilla bake recipe creates a fuss-free, one pot meal that needs just 5 ingredients to take it from stove to table. A simple dish that makes a hearty, flavourful winter dinner
- 500 g jar chicken cacciatore simmer sauce
- 400 g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 500 g cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C.
- Grease a 2-litre casserole. In a medium bowl, combine sauce and beans. Arrange one-third of tortilla strips in base of dish. Top with half the shredded chicken and half the sauce. Sprinkle with one-third of the cheese. Repeat layers, finishing with tortilla strips.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle remaining cheese over tortillas, then bake for a further 10 minutes until cheese is golden. Serve topped with coriander, if desired.