Nici's silverbeet cheesecake is ideal for a luncheon served with salad and a lovely loaf of bread. It will serve 6 or 8 easily as it is quite rich yet incredible very delicious!
- 30 g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cracker biscuits, crushed
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 bunch silverbeet or spinach
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 125 g cream cheese
- 75 g feta cheese
- 150 g sour cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- Parmesan cheese, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- For the base, mix the ingredients together and press into a 20cm loose-bottomed tin, then chill.
- Cook the silverbeet until just tender. Drain really well and chop.
- Lightly fry the onion in butter until soft, but not coloured.
- In a food processor, beat the cheeses together until smooth, then add sour cream and eggs. Season and continue beating until smooth.
- Stir in the well drained and chopped silverbeet and onion, combining well. Scrape into the chilled base and cook in a slow oven for about 1 hour or until it’s firm and just past the wobbly stage. Remove from the oven and sprinkle a little more Parmesan cheese over the top. Let stand for about 15 minutes before serving.