A hearty family classic, the humble shepherd's pie is served in individual portions here, ready to be enjoyed straight from the pot. Experience the perfection combination of a flavoursome lamb filling and a creamy potato topping.
- 400 g lamb mince or diced lamb
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled, diced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef or vegetable stock
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add lamb. Cook 10 minutes, stirring, until browned. Set aside.
- Add onion, parsley, tomato sauce, stock, salt and pepper to lamb. Stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add potatoes. Boil 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain potatoes. Mash with butter and milk.
- Spoon lamb mixture into ramekins; top with mashed potato. Place in oven. Bake 20 minutes, until top is browned. Serve immediately.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.