Sesame-crusted chicken breast with lemon zoodles
This clever recipe sees carb-heavy noodles swapped for deliciously light, healthy zoodles (zucchini noodles). Paired with sesame-crusted chicken breast, this recipe is a winner
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g chicken tenderloins
- 1/3 cup white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemongrass, finely chopped
- 4 zucchini, cut into zoodles (see recipe tip)
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- In a large, shallow bowl, whisk egg with half the soy sauce and half the garlic. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat in combined seeds. Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper, then chill.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel and keep warm.
- In the same pan, add broccolini, lemongrass and remaining garlic. Stir-fry for 1 minute until fragrant. Add zucchini, remaining soy and onions, stir-frying for 30 seconds.
- In a small jug, stir juice and sugar together. Add to pan and bring to a simmer. Serve zoodles topped with sliced chicken, basil and chilli.