Winter Warmers. Tuck into these hearty meals, perfect for cool nights.
- 50 g butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup white sparkling wine
- 1 cup milk, hot
- 250 g white fish, cut into pieces
- 250 g shelled raw prawns
- spray oil
- 100 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1 tbsp melted butter, plus extra for cooking crepes
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan and saute the onion, garlic and celery gently for 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes until sandy in texture and light golden. Gradually add the wine and stir well until absorbed.
- Slowly whisk in the hot milk until thickened. Simmer for 2 minutes then add the fish and prawns and cook for a further 5-6 minutes. Check seasoning. Cool, then chill.
- Place the flour in a bowl and add the eggs and milk, whisking until smooth. Add the chives, celery salt and melted butter, mixing until well combined. Let rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a small amount of butter in a nonstick pan and add ¼ cup of crêpe batter. Swirl the pan around to make a thin circle.
- Cook for 1 minute or until lightly golden underneath, then flip and cook the remaining side. Layer on a plate and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Heat the seafood mix. Arrange crêpes on warmed plates and fill with a generous amount of seafood. Garnish with chopped chives and cracked pepper.