Seafood chowder, fish and seafood recipe, brought to you by recipes+
- 1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 175 g packet rindless bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- 1 1/2 cups fish stock
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 125 g can corn kernels, rinsed
- 350 g mixed seafood or seafood marinara mix
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over moderately high heat. Cook and stir bacon for 5 minutes or until brown.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Stir in flour until combined. Gradually add milk, stock and potato, stirring. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Stir in corn and marinara mix. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until seafood is just cooked. Remove from heat. Season with salt and ground white pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Serve sprinkled with chives.