Salmon tart, salmon recipe, brought to you by Woman's Day
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large sheet frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 210 g can pink or red salmon, drained, flaked
- 200 g ricotta
- 20 g rocket, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a 23cm loose-based flan pan. Place on a baking tray. Ease pastry into pan. Trim edges. Chill 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan on high. Saute onion 2-3 minutes, until tender. Remove from pan. Cool.
- Line pastry case with baking paper. Fill with dried beans, rice or pasta. Blind bake case 10 minutes. Remove paper and filling; bake further 5 minutes. Cool slightly. Reduce oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine salmon, ricotta, rocket, chives and onion. Stir in combined egg, milk, zest and juice. Season to taste.
- Pour salmon mixture into pastry case. Bake 40-45 minutes until set. Serve tart sliced into wedges.