Rosemary roast beef fillet
This rosemary roast beef fillet will look so good on your Christmas table - the red of the perfectly-cooked fillet matches beautifully with the roasted beetroot and onions!
- 6 baby red beetroots, halved
- 6 baby yellow beetroots, halved
- 6 baby turnips, halved
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- olive oil, for cooking
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce*
- 2 tbsp honey
- 800 g beef eye fillet
- sea salt
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 185°C. Line a large roasting pan with baking paper.
- Combine beets, turnips and onion with ¼ cup of oil, balsamic, horseradish and honey and toss well to coat all the vegetables evenly. Arrange in the lined roasting pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub the eye fillet with 1 Tbsp olive oil and season well with sea salt and cracked pepper. Tie rosemary onto the beef with cooking string.
- After vegetables have been cooking for about 15 minutes, clear a space in the centre of the pan, add the beef and roast for a further 20-25 minutes or until the beef is cooked to your liking.
- Remove beef from pan and rest for 10 minutes. Check vegetables are tender. Once rested, slice beef, arrange on a platter with veges and spoon over any pan juices. If you wish, serve with your favourite chutney, wholegrain mustard, hoseradish cream or glossy red-wine jus.