Roasted vegetable pasta bake
Roasted vegetable pasta bake is perfect for feeding a crowd on a budget!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 500 g vegetables cut into chunks – pumpkin, kumara, capsicum, courgette
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1 1/2 cups Campbell’s Real Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 300 g chunky pasta such as penne, cooked
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp plain flour
- 250 ml Campbell’s Real Vegetable Stock
- 250 ml milk
- 1 1/4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place vegetables in a shallow pan, add the oil and toss. Roast vegetables 20-25 mins, turning once or twice till tender. While veg are roasting make sauce.
- Place wine and stock into a frying pan, whisk in the tomato paste then add the chopped tomatoes, oregano, vinegar and brown sugar and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes. Stir in the roasted vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- While the vegetable sauce is cooking make the cheese sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour, then add the stock, a little at a time, whisking continuously. Add the milk and cook without boiling, stirring continuously until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. Add 1 cup of grated cheddar and the parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the cooked pasta into the vegetable sauce and pour into a baking dish. Pour over the cheese sauce, sprinkle with remaining cheese. Grill or bake 15 until top is golden.