Roasted pumpkin and red onion with tahini dressing
Fantastic served with tahini dressing, this comforting roasted pumpkin and red onion recipe creates a delicious side dish that's perfect served alongside your Sunday roast
- 750 g pumpkin, cut into wedges, seeds removed
- 2 red onions, cut into quarters, leaving skin on
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Arrange the pumpkin and onion in a single layer in a large roasting dish. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 35-40 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender and the edges have coloured.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, lightly toast the sesame seeds in a small frying pan over a low heat. This will only take a minute or so.
- To make the dressing, mix the tahini, lemon juice, water, garlic and cumin together in a small bowl. Add a little extra water if the dressing is too thick. Season with salt.
- Arrange the pumpkin and onions on a serving platter, drizzle with the tahini dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.