Roasted potatoes and cauliflower with tahini dressing
The tried-and-true combination of potatoes and cauliflower comes together with Middle Eastern spices and creamy, lemony tahini dressing to create this delicious side dish
- 600 g floury potatoes, chopped into 2cm chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 head cauliflower, divided into florets
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil in a large roasting dish. Cook for 10 minutes before adding cauliflower to the pan. Continue to cook until potatoes are tender and the vegetables golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt and sumac.
- While vegetables are cooking, mix together the tahini, lemon juice and cumin in a small bowl. Add a little water if necessary to make a pourable dressing.
- Serve the potatoes and cauliflower drizzled with tahini dressing.