Roasted eggplant dip
Transport your taste buds and try Nadia Lim's beautifully flavoured roasted eggplant dip that is brilliant enjoyed with loved ones and served with capsicum pieces for dipping.
- 2 eggplants
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp tahini*
- 400 g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tbsp toasted seeds – pumpkin, sunflower etc
- chopped herbs, to garnish – optional
- capsicums, freshly roasted and sliced, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line a roasting tray with baking paper. Halve eggplants lengthwise, criss-cross flesh with a sharp knife and sear, cut side down, in a hot grill pan until coloured.
- Combine garlic, oil and paprika. Transfer eggplant halves to tray, cut side up, and spoon flavoured oil on top. Roast for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool then scoop out flesh (reserve skins) and place in a food processor. Add tahini and chickpeas and pulse until finely chopped. Add sour cream, parmesan and a squeeze of lemon and pulse to just combine. Season to taste.
- To serve, spoon into eggplant skins, sprinkle with toasted seeds and garnish, if desired, with chopped herbs. Serve with capsicum pieces for dipping.