Roast potato salad with lentils and curried yoghurt dressing
New-season baby potatoes make the perfect base for this simple, flavour-packed potato salad that's served with a tasty curried yoghurt dressing. Created by Emma Galloway for Taste magazine
Roast potato salad with lentils
- 700 g baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 cup cooked Puy or beluga lentils (see recipe tip)
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- handful coriander leaves, roughly torn
Curried yoghurt dressing
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp curry powder (check label if eating gluten-free)
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Cut any larger potatoes in half so they are roughly the same size.
- Place on an oven tray, drizzle with olive oil, scatter over cumin seeds and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, turning once or twice during cooking, or until golden brown and tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine all curried yoghurt dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well to combine.
- To serve, toss roasted potatoes, lentils, sliced onion and coriander leaves in a large bowl. Drizzle with a little curried yoghurt dressing and serve the rest on the side for people to help themselves to. This salad is best served slightly warm or at room temperature.
For more recipes, tips and inspiration from Emma Galloway, check out her blog mydarlinglemonthyme.com