Roast Mediterranean vegetable salad with whipped feta
This delicious roast Mediterranean vegetable salad recipe combines eggplant, zucchini and capsicum with hearty dollops of creamy whipped feta and fresh basil. The perfect side for your next alfresco meal
- 1 large eggplant, trimmed, cut into 3cm cubes
- 8 zucchini, trimmed, thickly sliced
- 3 red capsicums, cored, seeds removed, thickly sliced
- olive oil
- 200 g creamy feta, crumbled
- 250 g sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place prepared eggplant, zucchini and peppers in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat, then spread in a single layer in a large oven pan.
- Roast vegetables for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and tender, tossing once during cooking.
- Place feta, sour cream, milk and 2 tablespoons oil in a food processor, blending until smooth and creamy.
- Remove vegetables to cool, then arrange on a serving platter. Dollop with some whipped feta and scatter with basil leaves. Serve with remaining whipped feta on the side.