Rhubarb crumble, rhubarb recipe, brought to you by Australian Table
- 1 2/3 cups (250g) plain flour
- 1 1/3 cups (120g) rolled oats
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 180 g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 bunch rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 oranges, juice and grated rind (see notes)
- 1/3 cup (75g) demerara sugar, plus 1/3 cup extra
- thick cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Place rhubarb in a deep, 8-cup ovenproof dish, pour orange juice over, then sprinkle with 1/3 cup sugar.
- To make crumble, combine flour, oats, cinnamon and orange rind in a large mixing bowl. Rub in butter with fingertips, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in extra demerara sugar, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- Sprinkle crumble over rhubarb, then top with remaining sugar. Bake for 50-60 minutes until top is crisp and golden, and juices are bubbling. Stand for 10 minutes, then serve with cream.