Raw beetroot and orange salad
Nici Wickes' raw beetroot and orange salad recipe is easy, fresh and packed with all sorts of delicious goodness. Paired with a dressing that rocks, this salad is a superstar. Eat up!
- 3 beetroot
- 2 oranges, peeled, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery leaves
- 2 handfuls beetroot leaves or other greens
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp balsamic or fruit vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch pepper
- Scrub or peel the beets and grate them into a bowl.
- Cut the skin and pith from the oranges, chop them into small chunks and add to the beetroot.
- Add the celery and leaves, and toss gently with the dressing. Scatter over the pine nuts before serving.
- For the dressing: Shake everything well in a jar.