Raspberry and white chocolate tiramisu
This raspberry and white chocolate tiramisu is extremely easy to put together as it’s an assembly job, as opposed to cooking. The flavours are heavenly too - the perfect dessert treat!
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 500 g mascarpone
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup marsala or sweet dessert wine
- 200 g store-bought sponge fingers
- 2 cups fresh raspberries (see note) or frozen and thawed
- 150 ml fresh cream, soft whipped
- 1.5 tbsp freeze-dried raspberry powder
- 100 g white chocolate, chopped roughly or grated
- To start, make a hot chocolate by dissolving the cocoa and sugar in boiling water. Cool.
- Whisk the mascarpone, caster sugar and marsala until smooth. Spread a thin layer across the base of a shallow ceramic dish.
- Dip each sponge finger briefly in the liquid cocoa,then layer these into the dish, creating a single layer. Use a spatula to spread over half of the remaining mascarpone mixture, then spoon over half of the raspberries. Arrange another layer of sponge fingers followed by the remaining mascarpone and raspberries. Spoon over whipped cream. Chill for at least one hour (see note).
- Just before serving, garnish with raspberry powder and white chocolate.