You have no idea how a simple dessert can taste so good!
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 45 g butter
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 lemon rind, finely grated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 65 g butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Boil water in jug.
- Sift flour and salt together with sugar. Lightly rub in butter with raisins and lemon rind. Add milk.
- Mix to form a soft dough. Spread out evenly in a greased 21cm x 13cm ovenproof dish.
- Put boiling water, sugar and butter in saucepan and heat until butter melts. Spoon gently over contents of dish.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes. Serve while hot with cream or custard or both.