Quinoa pizza with two toppings
This fantastic gluten-free pizza recipe gives you two delicious options for toppings: smoked salmon or prosciutto. Choose which one tickles your fancy most and enjoy!
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp white vinegar mixed with 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce*
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- fresh herbs, to garnish
- 200 g hot-smoked salmon, flaked
- 1 tsp capers
- 100 g prosciutto, torn
- 6 sundried tomatoes, halved
- 6 black olives, pitted and sliced
- 50 g feta, crumbled
- Rinse quinoa for 1 minute under cold running water then place in a small-medium pan and cover with the water. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then cover with a lid and reduce heat to very low. Cook for about 15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed and grains are swollen and tender.
- Spread quinoa over lined roasting dish or tray; leave to cool. When cool, squeeze out excess moisture in a clean tea towel.
- Preheat oven to 190°C and line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl place cold quinoa, eggs, caraway, celery salt, thyme, parmesan and ¼ cup of the cheese. Mix well.
- Divide mixture between trays and spread out evenly to form a circle on each.
- Cook bases in oven for 15-20 minutes or until just golden and firm.
- Meanwhile soak the red onion in the vinegar and honey mixture.
- Remove bases from oven, spread each with pizza sauce and scatter with remaining cheese and the spinach leaves. Top with either flaked salmon pieces and capers OR prosciutto, sundried tomato, olives and feta.
- Bake for a further 5-8 minutes until hot and golden. Serve with pickled red onion and scattered with fresh herbs.