Quick Smokey Beef Goulash
This stew is even better made ahead. If you have smoked paprika in the pantry, add a teaspoon to the pot.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 400 g lean beef mince
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 red or green capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 420 g can tomato soup
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce or tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- black pepper
- 4 cups cooked pasta, of your choice
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large saucepan. Add the mince, garlic, capsicum and red onion. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring, over a moderate heat. Add oregano and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Remove the lid.
- Add all the remaining ingredients. Bring to simmer, then reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes or so until the soup reduces into the thickness of a sauce. Season with pepper. Due to the salty nature of the soup you probably won’t need to add salt but check and add if needed.
- Serve with cooked pasta.