- 750 g peeled, chopped pumpkin
- 2 peeled, chopped potatoes
- 25 g butter
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen peas
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- oil for shallow frying
- salad, hummus, lemon wedges, to serve
- Cook pumpkin and potato in a saucepan of boiling water 10-12 minutes, until just tender. Drain. Return to saucepan. Stir over low heat 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Melt butter in a frying pan on medium. Saute onion 3-4 minutes, until tender. Add curry and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Transfer to bowl with pumpkin mixture, breadcrumbs, peas and parsley. Season to taste. Mix well.
- Flatten 1/3 cups mixture into 5cm patties. Coat in pepitas. Chill 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in frying pan on high. Cook patties in 2 batches, 3-4 minutes each side, until golden. Drain on paper towel. Serve with salad, hummus and lemon wedges.