Pulled pork sliders
Pulled pork takes time to prepare due to the long, slow cooking process. So while the grill is crowded with sausages and steaks, use the oven to prepare this.
- 2.4 kg pork shoulder
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 2 tbsp coarse sea salt
Cider-vinegar BBQ sauce
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mild mustard
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 12 hamburger buns
- serve with: mustard, coleslaw and salad
- Mix the paprika, garlic, brown sugar, dry mustard, and salt together, then rub all over the pork. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Put the pork in a roasting pan and add 1/2 cup of water. Roast and baste for about 2 hours. Then cover with tin foil and continue cooking a further 3 1/2 hours or until the pork is falling apart.
- While the pork is cooking, make the BBQ sauce. Combine the vinegar, mustard, tomato sauce, brown sugar, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper in a saucepan over a medium heat. Simmer gently, stirring, for 10 minutes.
- When the pork is done, take it out of the oven and place on a large platter. Allow the meat to rest for about 10 minutes. While it’s resting, pour any pan juices into the sauce and cook a further 5 minutes.
- To “pull” the warm pork, remove any outer skin then use 2 forks. Using 1 to steady the meat, use the other to pull shreds of meat off the roast. Put the shredded pork in a bowl and pour half the sauce over it. Stir it all up well so that the pork is coated with the sauce.
- To serve, spoon the pulled pork mixture onto the bottom half of each hamburger bun and top with some coleslaw, salad, mustard and remaining BBQ sauce on the side.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.