For a filling yet scrumptious weekend breakfast or burnch, try this easy prawns benedict recipe
- 100 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 18 large frozen prawns (approximately 300g), thawed, drained and tails removed
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 3 English muffins, split and toasted
- 6 slices streaky bacon, cooked and halved (for diabetes friendly, use lean eye bacon)
- 6 poached eggs
- 12 tbsp store-bought or homemade hollandaise sauce (for diabetes friendly, use reduced-fat hollandaise)
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely snipped
- Place the butter and garlic in a medium-sized pan over a low heat and melt the butter. Add the prawns, toss gently, then add the lemon juice and season. Cook until the prawns are just cooked and change colour.
- To serve, divide the spinach leaves between the toasted muffin halves. Top with the bacon, divide the prawns between the muffin halves and add a poached egg. Spoon over a couple of tablespoons of hollandaise and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.