Prawn and broccoli fried ‘rice’
Swap out fried rice for a healthier version in this broccoli rice recipe. Mixed with prawns, peas and beans, as well as the zingy flavours of ginger and chilli, this dish is a breath of fresh air.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium heads broccoli, broken into florets
- 2 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 long red chillies, 1 seeded and chopped, 1 thinly sliced
- 400 g uncooked prawns, peeled, cleaned, halved lengthways
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 spring onions, 2 finely chopped, 1 thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 150 g sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- Cook eggs in a saucepan of boiling water for 6 minutes. Run under cold water until cool. Peel and quarter.
- Process broccoli until chopped finely to make broccoli rice.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Heat olive oil in a large wok over high heat. Add onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and chilli, then stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add prawns and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add water and bring to the boil. Add chopped spring onion and broccoli, stir-frying for 2 minutes. Add peas and sugar snap peas, stir-frying for 2 minutes. Add soy-sauce mix and stir-fry until combined.
- Remove from heat. Stir through bean sprouts.
- Serve broccoli rice and prawn mixture topped with sliced chilli, sliced spring onion and egg.