Pork satay balls with crushed chilli
These sticky little morsels are delicious when dipped in the fragrant crushed nuts and chilli.
- 400 g fine pork mince
- 200 g sausage meat
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp chinese five-spice powder
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2.5 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup satay sauce
- 1/2 cup peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mint or coriander, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, very finely diced
- In a large bowl, combine mince, sausage meat, garlic, ginger, spice powder and peanut butter. Mix well and leave to marinate for 2-3 hours or longer if you can. Roll into balls and chill until cooking.
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook meatballs for 8-10 minutes until brown all over, add satay sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes until sticky and caramelised.
- Combine peanuts, mint, chilli and red onion and mix well. Serve sticky pork balls on a platter with the nuts for dipping.