Pomegranate and frozen yoghurt cheesecakes
These mini cheesecakes are perfect for serving up a simple but delicious dessert. With a crunchy cookie base and creamy yoghurt filling, this is a festive dessert no one will be able to pass up!
- 350 g butternut snap biscuits
- 70 g butter, melted
- 2 cups pomegranate seeds (see tip)
- 250 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 900 ml frozen vanilla greek- style natural yoghurt
- 125 g blackberries
- micro shiso to serve (optional)
- Grease 6 x 10cm springform pans, then line bases and sides with baking paper.
- Place biscuits in a zip-lock bag. Using a rolling pin or meat mallet, crush biscuits until coarse crumbs form. Place crumbs in a coarse sieve, then shake to remove any fine crumbs. Discard. Place large crumbs in a medium bowl and stir in butter. Press about ¹⁄3 cup of crumbs over the base of each pan, pressing lightly to level. Freeze while preparing filling.
- Process 1 cup of pomegranate seeds until finely chopped. Strain through a sieve over a jug to yield ½ cup of juice. Process cream cheese and sugar, using pulse button, until combined. Scrape down the side of the bowl. Add pomegranate juice and pulse until smooth. Add frozen yoghurt, pulse until combined, then transfer to a large bowl. Freeze for 20 minutes or until firm but still able to be scooped.
- Divide mixture among cake pans. Smooth tops and cover tightly. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight until firm.
- Remove frozen cheesecakes from cake pans. Decorate with remaining pomegranate seeds, blackberries and herbs.