Piri piri coconut pork curry
Serve topped with mint and seeds and accompanied with coconut rice, this comforting and flavoursome piri piri coconut pork curry is the perfect warming meal to enjoy during the cold winter months.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 kg pork fillets, thickly sliced
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet sherry
- 200 g coconut curry sauce
- 120 g piri piri sauce
- 165 ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 200 g broccolini, trimmed, halved
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 500 g packaged basmati microwave rice
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh micro mint
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Cook pork in batches until browned all over.
- Add onion and sherry to pan with pork. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion softens. Add sauces, coconut milk and water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Stir in broccolini. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until pork is tender and cooked through. Cut pork into thin slices. Return to pan.
- Stir coconut in a medium frying pan over low heat for 3 minutes or until golden. Remove coconut from the pan immediately to prevent over-browning.
- Microwave rice according to directions on packet. Place rice in a medium bowl with coconut, stirring to combine.
- Serve curry topped with mint and seeds, accompanied with coconut rice.