A basic recipe you can build on. Plus it is perfect to make-ahead.
- 500 g medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 sheets flaky puff pastry
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 6 rashers bacon, diced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- sea salt and cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC. Cook the potatoes for 12-15 minutes until just tender, then drain and cool.
- Line a 23cm pie dish with the pastry. You can leave it rustic around the edges or trim to fit. Chill the pastry-lined tin until required.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute the onion, garlic and bacon for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Toss with the potatoes.
- Crack eggs into a bowl. Add cream, parsley and seasoning. Mix with a fork until the eggs are just broken. Arrange potato/bacon mixture in the pastry dish, then pour over the eggs.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until coloured, then reduce the heat to 165ºC and cook a further 20 minutes until pastry is golden and filling set. Leave to cool.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.