Perfect golden and crispy roast potatoes
There's nothing quite like a side of perfectly roasted spuds! This recipe produces deliciously golden, crispy potatoes that pair wonderfully with a range of different dishes. Dig in!
- 2 kg Desiree potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 80 g butter, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 220°C.
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Drain potatoes in a colander and leave to steam-dry for several minutes. Toss potatoes around in the colander to rough up the outsides.
- Place oil and butter in a large roasting dish, then sprinkle with a generous amount of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place roasting dish in oven for 5 minutes to heat oil and butter, then add potatoes. Roast for 45 minutes, turning potatoes halfway, until golden and crispy.